With many little ones under our roof this Holiday Season, we are lucky to have community donors in our area willing to give our kiddos the perfect Christmas morning. Here are the different ways to help the kiddos at Children's Village during this giving season.
All of the below information is availble in our holiday packet - Download our list here
- Food Drive- non-perishable food that greatly assists us with keeping their bellies happy throughout the year
- Gift Cards- there are times when children come into residence and cannot find clothing in our gift closets or are in need of time away from the village for a hot meal with their mentor; gift cards are very helpful to us throughout the year to buy groceries or cake-making ingredients for birthdays, to buy jeans for a teenager who Is feeling self-conscious, or allow the children to see a movie in the theatre like their friends. Please consider a gift card drive to help the Village!
- Financial Donations– these are crucial to provide a stable, nurturing, home environment for the children we serve. Text CVChristmas to 41444 to make a one time or monthly gift.
- Gift Drives- categories are broken down into Crisis Nursery (ages 0-4), Elementary Kids (ages 5-11), Teen Girls (ages 12-18), Teen Boys (ages 12-13), Supplies (to meet the daily needs of the children in our care), Single Purchase / Large Ticket Needs (bigger gifts needed in our homes)
- Children Wish Lists- these are the wish lists from our resident children themselves. Due to confidentiality, the children will be listed by gender and age. This list will be available closer to Thanksgiving, as we like to instill gratitude and thankfulness before asking the children to create their lists.
- Christmas Elves- sign up to be a Christmas elf to help wrap presents! Please watch our website and social media to be alerted about sign up. Due to the ongoing pandemic, these programs will need to launch closer to the holidays to watch as the year continues to unfold.
For specific questions outside of the above items, please contact Vanessa Moos, MPA, Director of Charitable Giving at email@example.com