Children’s Village is a trauma responsive safe haven, restoring trust and hope for children and families who experience abuse, neglect, or are in crisis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Children's Village is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran status, color or any other legally protected status.
Current Open Position(s) as of 12/28/21:
Therapist: Apply through indeed.com
Family Support Manager (Part Time): Apply through indeed.com
Direct Care Provider: Apply below or through indeed.com
$500 NEW HIRE BONUS AVAILABLE
Salary/Benefits: Starting at $16.00 - $21.00, DOE with the potential to increase with company provided training, job performance and shift differentials. Full time staff receive health care premiums fully paid by employer.
Position: Children’s Village is licensed as a Children’s Residential Care Facility, by the State of Idaho, Department of Health & Welfare. We are dedicated to provide a safe haven and restore hope for children who have been abused, neglected or are in a severe family crises. Children’s Village is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year ensuring the care and health and welfare of all our residents. Direct Care Providers (DCP) provide the front line care of the children in our homes. The DCP is under the direct supervision of the Program Operations Manager(s) and is accountable to the Chief Program Officer.
Requirements: A minimum of a HS diploma/GED is required, and AA/AS or BA/BS degree is preferred. The degree major should be in the field of social services, education, or health and human services. Applicant must be 19 years of age, possess a high school diploma or equivalent. The individual would need to hold a valid driver’s license, pass a security/background check, have a negative drug test, be of sound health, and capable of flexible shift work.
· Coordinate with the Program Assistant(s) on daily operations
· Provide the daily care of the residents
· Implement programs as directed
· Follow daily calendars and schedules as posted by the Program Operations Manager
· Complete shift section of the “Staff Chore Sheets” and signed off properly
· Fill out “Repair and Needs” forms when needed and provide to Program Operations Manager
· Report any staff concerns and/or scheduling issues to the Program Operations Manager
· Coordinate with Program Operations Manager for a positive flow of communications
· Assist with the daily educational components for each resident
· Bring to the attention of the Program Operations Manager any safety, health or crisis situations or information
· Report any policy violations to the Program Operations Manager
· Assist as directed, with the orientation of the new staff and volunteers
· Monitor security, lock up information and maintain confidentiality
· Complete all Incident/Disclosure/Non-Compliance/Injury Forms as needed
· Attend all staff meetings and mandatory In-Service on site
· Review and learn State regulations and procedure manual
· Review daily paperwork for documentation, accuracy, and required signatures
· Participate in structured engagement activities for program on campus
· Participate in structured active outings for program off campus
· Special projects as assigned
Must be dedicated to the Mission and vision of Children’s Village.
Must be able to relate with all people of the community regardless of sexual, ethnic, racial, or religious background or socio-economic level.
Must possess emotional and professional maturity, stability, tactfulness, and good decision making skills.
Must have dependable insured transportation and a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
Must complete all background requirements: acknowledgement of child abuse reporting responsibility, criminal record statement and receive satisfactory clearance from all licensing and investigative authorities. Employment is contingent upon receiving a clearing from appropriate authorities.
Must complete a drug screen. Employment is contingent on a negative reading.
Must take a TB test.
Must use reasonable precautions in the performance of one’s duties and adhere to all applicable safety rules and practices; and act in such a manner as to ensure at all times maximum safety to one’s self, children, fellow employees, and visitors.
General Physical Requirements:
Medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.