Children’s Village is a trauma responsive safe haven, restoring trust and hope for children and families who experience abuse, neglect, or are in crisis.
Who are we?
In operations for over 30 years, Children’s Village is a trauma-responsive safe haven, restoring trust and hope for children and families who experience abuse, neglect, or are in crisis.
As a 24-hour residential facility for up to 24 children, we are fully staffed at all times to meet the needs of all children, including those with complex behaviors rooted in trauma.
We have three active programs:
- Crisis Respite: short-term crisis assistance
- Emergency Shelter: private community families in need of short-term (0-12 months) support
- Residential Treatment: one of seven Qualified Residential Treatment Programs (QRTP) in Idaho for youth within the foster system. A QRTP is a specific category of non-foster family home setting, for which public child welfare agencies must meet detailed assessment, case planning, documentation, judicial determinations and ongoing review and permanency hearing requirements for a child to be placed. Our QRTP is federally accredited through CARF.
Upcoming in 2023:
- Family Support Center: funded by a grant from Idaho Department of Juvenile Justice, Children's Village is building a safe teen assessment center, which will operate as a multi-agency resource center.
- Boys Home: 1 out of 3 foster children in Idaho are males between the age of 12-17.
A special thank you to our major supporters: